Yankton County Achievement Days
Open Class General Rules
- Entry Fees: Adults $2.00 per item entered & Youth $1.00 per item
- Rosettes will be given to Best in Show in each class. Gift certificates will be given to all winners. 1st = $10 & 2nd = $5
- Open Class photography entries are due to Yankton County Extension office on July 17th.
- Photo size is 8 x 10. All Photos must be mounted, but not matted, on 16 x 20 White MAT BOARD. Mat Board can be purchased at Yankton County Extension office or local supply store. No Frames.
- Attach entry tag by string to the back upper left hand corner so it can be hung over the front.
- Please no watermarks or Logos on the photos or mat board.
- Photos will be released Sunday, August 2nd from 10am to 12pm.
- Open Class Culinary entries are due August 1st by 1pm
- Pies need to be in disposable pie tins.
- Pies must be single, double or Lattice crust from homemade.
- Pies must have recipe attached with entry form.
- Pies will not be refrigerated. No Eggs.
- Class 201 under culinary will be judged on Saturday. A photo will be taken of your item to be displayed in the open class area with ribbon & recipe. It will then be Auctioned off after judging.
- Class 202 under culinary will be judged on Saturday. A slice will be removed to be displayed in open class area with ribbon & recipe. The pies will then be donated to the concession stand for goodwill donation of coffee & slice of pie Saturday afternoon.
Yankton County Achievement Days Open Classes Divisions
101: Scenic – townscapes, nightscapes, skyscapes, sunrises, sunsets, waterscapes and landscapes
102: People – posed portraits, candid photos & action photos of person or people.
103: Animals & Birds – Pets, farm animals, zoo animals, wild animals, birds, insects, fish or marine animals
104: Plants & Flowers – growing plants, trees, fungi, farm crop, wild or domestic
105: Architectural – Buildings, bridges, man-made structures, dams or towers
Culinary Arts Classes:
201: Specialty Decorated – Cupcake, cake pops, cookies or any frosted cakes
202: Pies – All pies that don’t need to be refrigerated are allowed.