Prospect Beef Show
Hutchinson County 4-H Grounds, Tripp, SD
June 7, 2015
South Dakota Junior Point Show Sanctioned
– Show open to the world (exhibitors must be 8-21 years old).
– Open show entry fee – $25 per calf entered. Pre-entry deadline (must be postmarked by June 4).
Late entry fee $30. No refunds.
– County 4-H show (Bon Homme, Hutchinson, & Yankton) entry fee $10 per calf. Pre-entry deadline
(must be postmarked by June 4). Late entry fee $15. No refunds.
– Contest will be broken down by breed & weight for market steers & heifers – breeding heifers
shown by breed and age. Follow the SDJPS guidelines for breed breakdown. 4-H show classes will be British and Exotic divisions.
– A current health certificate must accompany calves entered. Heifers must be vaccinated for
– Calves that do not meet breed standards for color, horn, etc. will be shown as crossbreds.
– All decisions of show committee and judge will be final
– Calf Show Committee will not be responsible for accidents.
– Calves must be born in 2014. Breeding heifers are eligible according to 4-H standards.
– Stalling space is limited – available on first-come first-serve basis. All stalls and tie-outs must be cleaned before leaving.
– Listen to WNAX in case of bad weather – or call 464-1874.
– Power is limited. Portable generators are advised.
– Pick up ID numbers at show ring before weighing and to register for show.
– No pets allowed.
– Fitting is optional. 4-H Fitting rules apply. (NO UNETHICAL PRACTICES).
– Washing facilities are available.
– For further information contact Steve Sutera (home) 589-3213 (cell) 464-1874.
– 4-H Champion Market Steer/Hfr & Breeding Hfr will receive $100. Reserves – $50.
– Open Champion Market Steer/Hfr & Brdg Heifer will receive $200 – Reserves – $100
– At least 60% entry fee payback in all classes.
– There will be no lunchstand provided.
Arrive – 9:00 a.m.
Check-in – 9:30 – 11:00 a.m.
4-H Show (Bon Homme, Hutchinson, Yankton Co’s) – 1:00 p.m.
Open Show to follow
4-H ($10/calf) Open ($25/calf) No Entry Limit
________ ________ Market Steer/Heifer
________ ________ Breeding Heifer
_____________ Total Entry Fee Enclosed
Address _______________________________ Phone ________________
Mail Entries to: Steve Sutera
42070 SD Hwy 52
Springfield, SD 57062
They have created a livestock weekend the end of June in Aberdeen. They will be having an educational day on June 26th with livestock fitting classes, PQA Plus training, skill-a-thon contests and a livestock judging help session then contest.
They will also have livestock weigh ins that evening for a show starting Saturday morning. There will also be weigh ins Saturday morning for those missing Friday evenings opportunity.
If families would like there is camping available for a small fee at the Brown County Fair grounds.
Here is the link to the contestant packet with schedules and more info.