2017 Yankton County 4-H Dates: Please mark these dates in your calendar!
• Horse Safety – April 2nd, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
• PQA (YQCA – all animal exhibitors except horse, dog, & cat/companion animal) – Tuesday, June 6th, 7 p.m.
• Camp Poinsett – June 12 – June 14
• Ag Gala – Tuesday, June 20th
• Horse Show – Saturday, June 24th
• Special Foods – Friday, July 7th — 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Public Presentations – Friday, July 7th — 5 p.m.
• Dog Show – Saturday, July 22nd
• Achievement Days Sign Up Deadline – Thursday, July 27th
• Achievement Days Set Up – Sunday, July 30th
• Achievement Days – Thursday, August 3rd through Saturday, August 5th
• Fashion Revue, Consumer Decision Making, Horticulture Judging – During Achievement Days
Hello horse families:
We will have Horse Safety on Sunday, February 28th at 4 p.m. at the Yankton County Extension Office. Remember horse safety is a required event to attend if you plan to show your horse at the Yankton County Horse Show.
ALL youth must come prepared to give a 2-3 minute demonstration on a topic relating to horse safety. Please let me know by Feb. 19th what topic you will discuss. No two youth will be allowed to present on the same topic. Safety related to pulling a cart has already been taken.
If you cannot make this date, PLEASE let me know ASAP. You have the ability to go to a different county’s horse safety training, and I can help you find one to go to. I already know that Bon Homme County’s horse safety training will be March 20th at the Courthouse Annex at 1 p.m.