February 6th, 10:00-2:00
Clay County 4-H Center, Vermillion SD
Lunch will be available with a Free Will Offering.
Please RSVP to Will Kennedy (605-677-7111 or email@example.com ) by February 4th
We realize you are all very busy. While we would love to have you attend the whole session you are also very welcome to attend as much or as little as your schedule allows. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Please share with the group:
- Who you are
- Where you are from
- One of your strong points as a leader
- One thing you would like to work on
10:20-11:10 “Building Communication” presented by Will Kennedy, 4-H/YD Educator
- Ever wonder why what we think we’re saying isn’t what your favorite “4-H Mom” thinks she’s hearing? How about when the “4-H Dad” leaves you a message that makes about as much sense as wearing shorts in January?
- Be ready to participate in this insightful session on just how differently each of us hears, says, and understands the world around us.
11:10-11:35 “Horticulture Hints” presented by Cindy Bergman, Horticulture Educator
- Home gardening is exploding in popularity across the nation. Hear some fun ideas on how to work horticulture programming into your meetings.
- Horticulture project area updates/ideas.
11:35-12:00 “Point on Parliamentary Procedure”, Presented by Will Kennedy, 4-H/YD Educator
- Meetings running over time and off subject? Trouble keeping things on track? Help is on the way with easy to use resources and ideas to keep youth on task.
- We supply it, you eat it!
12:30-1:30 “S.E.T yourself up for fun and learning!” Presented by Will Kennedy
- Get ready to let you minds roam and “play” your way to learning!
- This session will give some fun ideas on how to use experiential learning and everyday activities to raise interest in Science, Engineering and Technology.
1:30-2:00 “Hands on Agriculture!” Presented by Larry Wagner, Agriculture Educator
Ready to teach youth that agriculture is more than cows, corn and tractors? This session will give you some ideas to show everyone from farm youth to city slickers just how important Agriculture is to all of us.